All classrooms are equipped with the latest technology Interactive boards that allow many different forms of media – including: photos, illustrations, maps, graphs, games, and video, to be displayed.
- These tools not only enrich the classroom experience but also help to expand the nature of content that can be used in learning.
- In addition, Interactive Boards helps the learning process to be more dynamic owing to the different forms of presenting information.
Computers have revolutionized much of modern life, either directly or indirectly, and learning how to use them in school is extremely important. Children learn the ins and outs of computers at an early age.
In Kenana National we have a computer lab for Pre-School and KG stage and two computer labs for upper grades
“The more that you read , the more things you will know. The more that you learn , the more places you will go “
All pupils have access to the Library and can browse and borrow books
The following guidelines have been set in order to maintain organization in the school library:
- Books may be checked out of the library for a maximum of one week.
- All reference materials may be used only in the library.
- Pupils are responsible for any books or materials checked out of the library and will be required to pay for them if they get damaged.
- Consequently, pupils will lose the right to borrow books until all lost
or damaged books are paid for.
All children have creative potential and we work on developing this creativity. Art is a curriculum subject from KG to 1st Secondary.
Supported by excellent art facilities, for drawing and designing souvenirs for different events .Our students are inspired to be creative by experienced and talented teachers.
“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Berthold Auerbach”
Music plays a major role in school. Within the curriculum, all children take music classes from Pre-School to 1st Secondary..
Music is a vital performance with bands, choirs and a small orchestra in school. There are also competitions, such as Kenana Got’s Talent for Preparatory and Secondary students, morning line choir performance , events choir as well as the Final annual party shows where musical skills come to the fore,
In our modern society we are plagued by the fact that our children watch a lot of television, play alot of computer games and therefore spend much of their time indoors. Simply being outdoors and enjoying the fresh air will boost your child’s general well being.
In the International Schools of Kenana we have :
- Extensive outdoor play areas
- Basketball court,
- Volleyball & tennis court
- Football court
- Running track
Students enjoy playing in these areas in the PE classes, the Athletics days and in the After school activity
Swimming pools opens the door for sports opportunities that can be enjoyed in suitable weather days .
Every student enjoys aquatic activities during physical education class.
In addition students can enjoy events like water day (aqua park and color festival) that is done every year and activities such as competitive swimming and water polo.
In Kenana we have two swimming pools
In Kenana National we have two gym halls . one mini Gym for pre-school and Kg students and one big Gym hall for upper grades
Students can work out under the supervision of the Physical Exercise teachers
- Horse Riding offers a great workout for both the mind and the body, physically boosting the cardiovascular system and easing stresses on the mind.
- Horse riding is recognized as having therapeutic qualities. the psychological benefits can be of equal importance to your child as the physical benefits.
- Horse riding as a sport also helps in creating a disciplined child, it is a sport that teaches self-discipline and can increase your child’s patience levels as well as help define their focus and control.
Our cafeteria supplies our students with healthy food, mineral water, juices and a variety of sweets
Health and Medications
Our Doctor and nurse are highly qualified. They are extremely dedicated and committed to their profession. They are available on campus at all times. Pupils
If there is any information related to your child’s history or medication, kindly inform our school doctor
KLS has a fleet of buses bringing students from all parts of Cairo. Each bus is accompanied by a bus matron who takes care and is responsible of each student in the bus on every journey. All bus matrons can be contacted by mobile phone. . Buses are checked on a weekly basis for all aspects of safety and security